Wednesday 27 March 2013

"And that's how rootless. And that's how fragile" - Girl Meets Boy


So today has been a relaxing yet productive day :) This morning I hopped on the bus and took a little trip to Kemptown, I hadn't explored it much before and found there was a whole part of Brighton I barely knew about! I'm writing a little piece for the Brighton Fashion Week magazine, I was allocated the task of talking about an interesting place to visit in Brighton, so of course I had a whole load of places to choose from!

The other day I was getting my hair cut in a salon in Kemptown which was the first time I'd ever properly been around that area and saw that there were loads of cool places I hadn't ever seen before; coffee shops, pubs, restaurants, and funky hair salons. At first I was thinking of writing about a cool bar or coffee shop, but I think a couple of the other writers were thinking along those lines too so I decided to go for something a little more quirky... and then I saw the Brighton Flea Market!


Bright pink, it was hard to miss, and I just couldn't resist taking a peek. However, I was in a bit of a rush so I vowed to come back another day with my trusty Canon and take a few pictures and notes for the article. Today was that day! Here are a few snaps I took, if you haven't been to a flea market before definitely check one out, I really enjoyed rummaging around all the bits and bobs :)












Afterwards I popped into a lovely little cafe, had some tea and some freshly made soup which was delicious, and sat and read my book in between watching the world go by :). Before heading back I went into a few little furniture and antique shops, one of which had the cutest puppy running around I have ever seen! Of course, I had to check out the charity shops while I was there, and I picked up a super snuggly jumper in a lovely light blue wool for £4 to keep me warm in this freezing weather! Here I am wearing it now all cosy in my bedroom :)


I then strolled back to St James' Street and continued my Charity Shop crawl, a dangerous decision for me but I just couldn't help myself, I was having such a nice day and charity shopping is just my favourite thing ever! I'm so glad I did because I found this lovely little dish and tray that are turning out to be perfect for storing my jewellery and bits of make-up, both for a couple of pounds each! They're so pretty, don't you think?



I absolutely love finding little gems in charity shops that no one else will have, for hardly any money, and its all for charity, so guilt free shopping woo! Watch this space for updates on my future charity bargains and ways to up-cycle things :)

The above quote is taken from Ali Smith's Girl Meets Boy which I have just started reading and will review soon..

I hope you are all excited for the long easter weekend coming up and an excuse to eat an excess of chocolate, yay!

Peace lovelies x

No comments:

Post a Comment